Hyperakt is seeking a design intern who is looking to hone their design skills in both branding and digital work.
The design intern will assist with all things design, including using design to solve problems and and execute on our collective visions. We’re a small studio, so while this is an internship role, you’ll be tasked with working cross-functionally with all members of our team, including strategists, creative directors, producers, developers, and fellow designers.
This is can be a full-time or part-time design internship for short-term engagement (3-6 months).
- Collaborating with strategy and design teams to understand a client’s unique problem and goal
- Assisting in the design and production of brand, print, and digital deliverables
- Attending project kickoffs and some client meetings throughout the duration of a projects
- Addressing client feedback in a timely manner
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have an understanding of how to manage your time effectively and a clear understanding of which priorities take precedent
- You’re a self-starter and takes your work seriously
- You can quickly generate a variety of designs across many mediums
- You’re motivated and has a sustained enthusiasm for social impact work
- You have good vibes
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and experience in a work setting, such as an internship
- You’re highly competent in Adobe Creative Suite products. Sketch and InVision are pluses
- You’re fluent in the ever-changing digital landscape, including best practices across web design platforms
- You have a strong knowledge of typography, hierarchy of information, color, and layout
- You’re extremely organized, have great attention to detail, and require little oversight to complete tasks
- You are driven by curiosity and a desire to always improve and do better
- You believe that design is a force for good
- You have an excellent portfolio that showcases your work as well as the thinking about it
We have a beautiful, two-story studio in Gowanus with a full kitchen, ping pong, group birthday lunches, optional yoga every other week, and Lunch Talks – intimate conversations with some of the best and brightest in the industry – hosted at our studio every month.
Hyperakt is a Brooklyn-based social impact design agency. We build brand identities and digital experiences for leading social impact organizations. Our clients are humanitarian organizations, philanthropies, tech innovators, universities, and social enterprises who tackle the toughest challenges of our time and champion those who have been left behind — Ford Foundation, Google, Spotify, Amnesty International, the City of New York, and more.
We are a small team of passionate designers, strategists, producers, developers, and all-round storytellers. We love Monday morning bagels, team lunches, cracking open a beer at the end of the day, going bowling, and exploring the city’s cultural institutions. We come from diverse backgrounds, walks of life, and continents across the world, and are excited to welcome another Hyperaktivist into the fold.
The last day to apply is January 31, 2019.
To apply send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with a subject “Design Internship”
Hyperakt is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity & inclusion.