Hyperakt is seeking a full-time or part-time social media intern for short-term engagement (summer 2019, 3 months).
You will work side-by-side with our team of designers, strategists, producers, and developers to run our social media accounts, produce graphics, assist with ongoing design tasks, and provide strategic recommendations for improvement.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Social media execution - work alongside strategist to manage, run, and evolve Hyperakt social media presence
- Community management - management of our On The Grid community of city curators and ambassadors, help organize Lunch Talk events
- Support the design and strategy team in daily administrative tasks
- Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content
WHO YOU ARE:
- You’re on top of your shit, organized, detail-oriented, and able to move and think quickly
- A strong visual designer, creative thinker, able to execute unique graphics for our brand presence on social media
- You have experience with Adobe Creative Suite and have a sharp eye for details
- An undergraduate or recent graduate with a background in design, marketing, communications, advertising, or related fields.
*Self-directed, can be given a project and really run with it on your own. Doesn’t wait to be handed work! Asks for it, or better yet comes up with a plan to use their time themselves
We have a beautiful, two-story studio in Gowanus with a full kitchen, ping pong, group birthday lunches, optional yoga every other week, and Lunch Talks – intimate conversations with some of the best and brightest in the industry – hosted at our studio.
Hyperakt is a Brooklyn-based social impact design agency. We build brand identities and digital experiences for leading social impact organizations. Our clients are humanitarian organizations, philanthropies, tech innovators, universities, and social enterprises who tackle the toughest challenges of our time and champion those who have been left behind — Ford Foundation, Google, Spotify, Amnesty International, the City of New York, and more.
We are a small team of passionate designers, strategists, producers, developers, and all-round storytellers. We love Monday morning bagels, team lunches, cracking open a beer at the end of the day, going bowling, and exploring the city’s cultural institutions. We come from diverse backgrounds, walks of life, and continents across the world, and are excited to welcome another Hyperaktivist into the fold.
The last day to apply is June 15, 2019.This is a paid internship.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with a subject “Social Media Internship” We’d love to hear about your past experience in social media management and what unique perspective / talents you would bring to this work.
Hyperakt is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity & inclusion.