Hyperakt is looking for an awesome individual to join our Brooklyn-based social impact design agency as a full-time Marketing & Accounts Manager. This will be a dual role that handles both business development (accounts) and multi-channel communications to our audiences (marketing). On the accounts side, you’ll be responsible for managing all incoming leads in our CRM, moving them quickly and effectively through the pipeline, scoping opportunities, and crafting proposals. For marketing, you’ll proactively collaborate with the entire Hyperakt team to bring our stories and projects to life for diverse audiences, including existing and prospective clients and the creative community at large.
The ideal candidate will be an outstanding writer and creative storyteller with a strong foundation in cross-channel marketing, as well as email newsletters, social media, and public relations strategy. In addition to creative flair, you’ll bring a “Marie Kondo” mindset to our sales and marketing systems, ensuring that everything is tidy, organized, and without excess. In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally and wear many hats to tackle all aspects of communications and sales, from thought leadership and proposal writing to the nitty gritty of creating monthly newsletters.
If you’re ready for the challenge, keep reading.
What you’ll do: As Hyperakt’s Marketing & Accounts Manager, you’ll lead our content marketing strategy, manage our cross-channel marketing efforts, and take the lead on key aspects of our sales process.
Write & Create
- Research and write compelling thought leadership content for the Hyperakt blog and email newsletter that establishes our agency as global leaders in social impact design and increases overall engagement.
- Plan new press opportunities and pitch Hyperakt’s design projects to media outlets on a quarterly basis.
- Develop well-crafted project proposals and case studies, in collaboration with the wider team, to communicate our successes and win new projects.
- Manage, optimize, and grow Hyperakt’s social media marketing channels, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Flickr.
- Lead a weekly team meeting with Hyperakt team members to review our sales pipeline status and activities as well as latest marketing activities and discuss new ideas for future content creation.
- Manage, maintain and update all contacts within our CRM tool (Pipedrive).
- Work closely with the Director of Strategy & Accounts to continuously develop, test, and iterate marketing goals and activities, including setting quarterly marketing goals / KPIs, researching industry best practices, creating a data-driven marketing scorecard for monthly review, and developing a communications calendar to keep track of all activities and channels.
Who you are:
An expert marketer. You have at least 3-5 years of work experience in marketing, writing, journalism, or another relevant field. You are a marketing wizard with deep experience in multiple marketing channels, including blogs, email and social media.
An outstanding writer and storyteller. You love writing and enjoy the challenge of distilling complex information into clear and engaging written materials for diverse audiences. You are gifted with words and have a knack for getting people excited about the new thing.
A constant learner. You’re always up-to-date with the latest marketing best practices, trends, and tools for branding and cross-channel marketing optimization.
A self-starter. You are a self-motivated go-getter that can lead your own projects end-to-end. This is a fast-paced environment where you’ll often need to be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
A curious and creative thinker. We want someone who can originate innovative marketing ideas and bring them to life in creative ways. You should bring enthusiasm and new ideas each and every day.
An exceptional team player, excited by problem-solving, organized (with extraordinary attention to detail), with a passion for doing good
Details & Perks. We have a beautiful, two-story studio in Gowanus with a full kitchen, ping pong, unlimited vacation, flexible work policy, group birthday lunches, and more.
About Hyperakt. Hyperakt is a social impact design agency based in Brooklyn, New York that builds brand identities and digital experiences for leading social impact organizations. We design with people, for people, to tell stories about injustice, hope, and everything in between. Our clients are humanitarian organizations, philanthropies, tech innovators, universities, and social enterprises who tackle the toughest challenges of our time and champion those who have been left behind — Ford Foundation, Google, Spotify, Amnesty International, the City of New York, and more.
We are a small team of passionate designers, strategists, producers, developers, and all-round storytellers. We love Monday morning bagels, team lunches, cracking open a beer at the end of the day, going bowling, and exploring the city’s cultural institutions. We come from diverse backgrounds, walks of life, multiple continents, and are excited to welcome another Hyperaktivist into the fold.
How To Apply. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Marketing & Accounts Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hyperakt is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity & inclusion.