- Your Brand’s First Impression Can Open or Close Doors. So Make it a Good One.
People respond at a gut level to the way your brand shows up in the world.
- Rebranding is Expensive. Is it Worth It?
Real nonprofit leaders talk about expectations and outcomes from their rebranding projects
- Are Your People Well Equipped to Talk About Your Nonprofit?
Your leadership team uses visionary language to describe your work; your staff should share that vocabulary, too.
- The Ruthless Search for Your Nonprofit Brand’s Core Idea
Brand strategy results from synthesizing, distilling, and pruning to get down to a foundational idea. So how do you know when you’ve landed on the ideal strategy?
- Branding Nonprofits is Different from Companies. Here’s Why, and Why it Matters.
It’s tempting to look at consumer brands for inspiration when creating a brand for your organization. But are they really a reflection of who you are?
- The Maple Syrup Approach to Nonprofit Branding
How to develop a Grade A brand that distills your organization's pure authenticity
- Take Control of Your Brand or Someone Else Will
The public often has an incomplete or inaccurate view of your organization. Building a strong brand lets you define that narrative.
- Does Rebranding Really Transform Nonprofits?
I realize that, coming from a branding studio, this sounds like a slightly cynical, mostly rhetorical question, but hear me out. The answer might not be what you expect.
- An Ode of Gratitude to Our Social Impact Clients
A shout out of support to the amazing people we worked with in 2021 who are dedicated to building a more equitable and just society
- Here's Who You Can Support This Giving Tuesday
A not exhaustive list of organizations doing important work, compiled by the team at Hyperakt
- Building Accessibility Deep Into Brands
Accessibility isn’t just about the final artifact
- Why RFPs Aren’t Good for Anyone
Making the case for a better approach to selecting agency partners
- Who's Going to Make Sure Your Brand Is Represented Consistently On Your New Website?
Defining the role of your Website Content Manager
- Your Story Defines You
Narratives are the thread that connects past, present, and future
- Analogies Can Reframe Your Brand’s Possibilities
How lateral thinking can unlock new ways to represent your organization
- Humanizing Your Brand
Seeing audiences as individual people with specific motivations
- Planning For Your Rebrand
Five questions to consider before you get started
- Can You Define Your Brand With a One-Word Theme?
If Coppola could do it with The Godfather, you can too
- Know Your Audience (Pt 3)
Identify audience motivations with proto-personas
- Know Your Audience (Pt 2)
Putting stories to work using the Jobs-to-be-Done Methodology